Yeah. I got sucked into the fray and ended up watching the Academy Awards last night. It actually was not too bad. But since this is principally a film and not TV blog (although TV does on occasion creep into a post or two), I will not be reviewing or recapping this as a programming event. I leave that to the experts.
What I will gladly do is make a quick list (in no particular order) of the things that I learned by watching this year’s telecast.
- Charlize can cut a rug!!!
- I knew Seth MacFarlane liked his pop standards, but dude is a serious musical geek!
- Speaking of music – this telecast was more Grammys than the Grammys.
- I nominate Kerry Washington as the next Bond girl (did you see that Scandal promo? BTW you really need to be watching that show).
- ADELE and JHudson threw down.
- Kristen Stewart …
- DeNiro is a napper.
- Last, but certainly not least – apparently Argo directed itself.
Maybe next year, I will have a full-on Oscar party – stay tuned to this space. I am dying to make Oscar-themed cupcakes!
That’s me done – what was your take on the Academy Awards and the ceremony? Were you pleased with the results?
Share your thoughts below.