Happy Memorial Day All! Currently watching the French Open (and loving it) but I have decided to take some time to do some browsing around the ‘net to see what is going on on some of my favorite movie sites. That is when I came across this fantastic meme (respect to Cinematic Paradox via my friends at Anomalous Material). The meme is called 15 Movie Questions. So without further ado, here are my answers:
1. Movie you love with a passion.
Sure I can find minor quibbles with stuff as I have watched it over the years, but I am always drawn A Room With a View.
2. Movie you vow to never watch.
I refuse to see Revenge of the Sith in its entirety. Sure I have it on good authority that this was the best of the prequels but I was so let down by the first two I gave up on the prequel franchise.
3. Movie that literally left you speechless.
Children of Men
4. Movie you always recommend.
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
5. Actor/actress you always watch, no matter how crappy the movie.
6. Actor/actress you don’t get the appeal for.
Too many to name.
7. Actor/actress, living or dead, you’d love to meet.
8. Sexiest actor/actress you’ve seen. (Picture required!)
Not a fair question … so much hotness out there at the present moment. Guess I will go old-school with Marlon Brando in A Streetcar Named Desire.
9. Dream cast.
10. Favorite actor pairing.
Cary Grant and Ingrid Bergman, Notorious
11. Favorite movie setting.
12. Favorite decade for movies.
The 1960′s – it was such a turbulent decade outside of film but a lot of that unrest and upheaval became part of cinematic history.
13. Chick flick or action movie?
An action flick featuring a bad-a** chick
14. Hero, villain or anti-hero?
Anti-hero all the way ….
15. Black and white or color?
Cut my movie-loving teeth in the world of good ole B&W. But that is not why it is my choice. Over the years, I have come to really love the interplay between shadow and light that is so evident in the best B&W cinematography.
Well that’s me! Tell me what you think.