I have been slacking lately … as such I only recently received a pleasant surprise. This evening I noticed I received a ping from my Twitter – that I have been selected to participate in a really cool blogging activity. Thanks Dan of Public Transportation Snob for awarding me such an honor – hope I do ya proud!
The rules are quite straightforward:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the 11 questions the person giving the award has set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you will be giving the award to.
4. Choose 11 people to award and send them a link to your post.
5. Go to their page and tell them.
6. NO TAG BACKS
Let’s get this party started!
11 THINGS ABOUT ME
1. I am aiming for the “non-participant” Grand Slam
So far I have been to the US Open (home state), Roland Garros (Paris) and Wimbledon (London). Now all I have to do is book my trip to Melbourne. Obviously it will take a lot of advanced planning and resources, but this is definitely on my bucket list.
2. If I got a do-over …
I long for the ability to sing; I love the idea of your being a harmonious instrument.
3. I am a YouTube addict
Whether it is watching clips of things that are likely on the wrong side of the law, watching interviews of some of my favorite stars or reading the often HILARIOUS user comments, I have spent an unnecessary (unhealthy) number of hours on the internets. However the one thing I try to avoid are fanvids, for reasons best known to myself.
4. Twice a year I watch the Twilight Zone marathon
It never fails – I have seen them over and over again and I still cannot get enough of it. I think it is because it is a family tradition passed on from my father.
5. Takes a while for me to get through a book …
As much as I am an appreciator of all things literary, I am NOT the world’s voracious reader. In fact the longest it has taken me to read one book (not-continuously of course) is about 3-4 years and the book was East of Eden. The shortest period of my book reading life came courtesy of J.K. Rowling. I read all seven books in a matter of weeks.
6. Most “embarrassing” song on my iPod (other devices are available)
The Promise by Girls Aloud. There – I said it.
7. I was never a fan of Titanic.
I did not see it when it was released in the cinema, paid $10 for the VHS back in the day and I think I watched it through a total of one time.
8. I LOVE Drew Barrymore
Not only is she a screen presence, but she seems to be enjoying getting her hands into many pots – whether it is producing a film or even directing one.
9. I used to hurdle … way way back in the day
Ask me to do it now and I will end up on the floor in hysterics!
10. I don’t drink coffee
Frankly I cannot stand the stuff. As an alternative, I opt for hot chocolate in the mornings (but not every morning).
11. I love music so much so I plan on learning (at some point) how to play the guitar.
The goal: be able to play some good ole rock and roll!
MY QUESTIONS (COURTESY OF DAN)
1. What’s the best movie of 2012 so far?
Don’t know if I can declare an absolute best so far but the ones that I favored included TDKR and The Avengers each for their own reasons.
2. What’s the worst movie of 2012 so far?
The worst film thus far is a film I screened at the Tribeca Film Festival; it was called Caroline and Jackie. I think it was meant to be a somewhat serious film with the odd plot twist, but most of us in the screening just ended up laughing hysterically at some of the more ‘dramatic’ scenes. What was so disappointing was that I was kinda looking forward to it.
3.What is your favorite band or artist?
Not the most fair of questions because I like so many with great zeal. But I figure if you were to ask my friends and family, they would say U2. But I will put a punt in for Eric Clapton.
4. What’s your opinion on singing karaoke?
5. Spike Lee: Overrated or underrated?
I will answer it this way. His best work (25th Hour especially) seem to go unheralded when compared to his more high profiled work, which of course have their merits but there have been the odds bit here and there that I would have excised from the final piece (eg., the end ofMalcom X).
6. Although he won’t admit it, does Tommy Wiseau realize that The Room is terrible?
The only thing I know about this film is that poster – no idea about the film. That is more than enough for me to avoid at all costs.
7. Beyond movies, what is your area of expertise for a trivia team?
Ooh that is a hard one … maybe the Impressionist movement?
8. What’s your favorite brand of cereal?
As a kid, Fruit Loops; as an adult, I love the Vanilla Almond Granola sold at Trader Joe’s.
9. Is The Tree of Life a brilliant movie, a self-indulgent mess, or somewhere in between?
No clue – STILL have not seen it.
10. Are you excited about the Olympics? If so, which competitions?
Yes I am; especially the tennis, soccer, and track and field events.
11. What’s the last movie that you watched?
Beasts of the Southern Wild. Review coming soon 🙂
Now it’s my turn: first, here are my questions:
- LOTR or Harry Potter?
- What’s the longest you have waited in line for a movie?
- Have you ever fallen asleep in a film? If so, which one?
- What was your first concert experience?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Any hidden talent(s)?
- Subtitles: Yea or Nay?
- What book would you like to be seen made into a movie?
- What is the first thing you would do if you won the lottery?
- Have you ever snuck into a film without paying for it?
- What is your favorite silent film?
Exposition is encouraged but not required; feel free to be as brief as possible.
Lastly, here are the lucky 11 who I would like to answer those questions:
- Yvette of In So Many Words …
- Sati of Cinematic Corner
- Sergio of Tipping My Fedora
- Pete of I Love that Film
- Diana of Aziza Picks
- Paula of Paula’s Cinema Club
- Jaina of Time Well Spent
- Michael of It Rains … You Get Wet
- Ruth at Flixchatter
- Jack Deth (not sure if you have a blog; feel free to respond in the Comments section)
- Nostra of My Film Views
Sorry if you have already received such an invite; if so I still encourage you to participate no matter which set of questions you answer 🙂