What does 2013 have in store for us? Only time will tell. But I can tell you what I am most excited for in the cine-verse.
FILM FESTIVAL FUN
I am also hoping to get some Tribeca FF action in as well as continuing my exciting collaboration with the BeneaTHEarth online film festival.
ON THE BIG SCREEN
- Beautiful Creatures: Looks like an attempt to keep the young adult crowd engaged, post-Twilight. I am curious mainly on the strength of this film having two of my favorite actresses – Viola Davis and Emma Thompson in it. Also I may need something to beat the winter blahs with.
- Iron Man 3: Just because it’s Iron Man!
- The Great Gatsby: Finally! And apparently Jay-Z will be scoring the film; should be INTERESTING to say the least … (and why not the RZA)?
- Star Trek Into Darkness: Was pleasantly surprised by the first one and well, this one has Benedict Cumberbatch in it – that is enough for me to part with my money!
- Much Ado About Nothing: See previous post for my anticipation 🙂
- Thor: The Dark World: Missed the chance to see the first film on the big screen; certainly will not punt this time around.
- The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug: Yes I am still kinda peeved that this is being broken out into three films but am still looking forward to it!
Release Date: TBD
- Twelve Years a Slave: Not sure when this one is actually coming out but with a rather impressive cast list and provocative subject matter, I am sure that it will bring director Steve McQueen more notice. I am hoping to make this a 3/3 in my appreciation of his feature films.
Hopefully this is just the tip of the iceberg for me and there will be a whole lot of other opportunities and experiences to be had.
How about you all? Let me know what you are looking forward to in movie-land for the year 2013!