This post is inspired by my recent excursion to the state of North Carolina. Usually, I visit the greater Charlotte area (family and friends being the reason) but this time around I was in the “central/northern-ish” part of the state.
Anyway, as with most things in life, I tied my trip back to the movies, did some digging around and came up with a list of some of my fave flicks set in the Tar Heel State.
- Cape Fear (1991) – very able remake to a classic film.
- This is Spinal Tap (1984) – well at least part of it was set
- George Washington (2000) – see previous post on Green’s latest, “Prince Avalanche”
- The Descent (2005) – horror generally not my genre du jour but this was quite watchable
Honorable Mention for films I should have seen by now:
- Being There (1979)
- Junebug (2005)
- Cold Mountain (2003) – yeah my big bro spoiled the ending for me. So there you go.
And a final shoutout to a film that has yet to be released: Serena starring Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence.
That’s me done; how about you? Hit the comments section below with some of your favorites.