To all my peeps Stateside, I hope you had an absolutely lovely Thanksgiving Day that you were able to spend with those nearest and dearest. While there have been indications SINCE October, it really is not until we wrap up this holiday weekend that we are immediately and fully thrust into the fray of the holiday shopping season. YAY!
Taking the time to personally select gifts for others (hopefully) always warms my soul. While I do get a special rush when I enter a fully decked out store with holiday music blaring all around, I also appreciate flipping through the catalog of goodies one finds in the comfort of one’s home.
As I have begun to scour the Internet this holiday season for everyone on my shopping list, I could not help myself – I stumbled upon a few really cool items for the cinephile in anyone’s life. Sure, you can settle on movie ticket or gift cards to purchase the same. But why not get a little creative? It is in that spirit that I decided to compile a list of a few which might capture your notice. But before I get into the list, a couple of caveats:
- This is NOT a sponsored post. It is simply me checking out some of my favorite sites and taking note of some cool items.
- At the time of composition, the items I identified were available to purchase. Their individual availability is always subject to change.
- As you will see, the prices vary in range, from the economical to the extravagant. Really, $1G for photos in a frame? More on that a little later.
Gallery of Pic(k)s
Links to Items in the Gallery
- Columbia Pictures Graphic Sweatshirt
- 100 Movies Bucket List Scratch-Off Poster
- (Made to Order) Vintage Movie Framed Prints (Set of 4)
- Cinematic Cities: New York: The Big Apple on the Big Screen
- Kodak® Pocket Portable Projector in White
- Acme Camera Co. Vintage Bell & Howell 2123 XL Super 8 Movie Camera
- Throwback Movie Theater Popcorn Maker
- Gone with the Gin (leather edition; the original hardcover is available at Barnes and Noble)
- Magnetic Poetry Kit: Mixed Up Movie Lines
- Printworks Movie Geek Quiz
As you can see, there are a lot of items out there for you to discover and share with others this holiday season. Here’s also hoping that looking at these items serves as an inspiration for other gifting ideas. Take the case of the very pricey made-to-order print set I identified earlier. Even if you are not so artistically-inclined, you can produce something similar to this at a fraction of a cost. Simply collect some high-res photo prints (movie-themed of course), purchase a few gallery frames and ASSEMBLE. If that is too much for you to handle, take note of the aesthetic and check out some of the more wallet-friendly alternatives available on a site like Etsy.
See anything you like? Have any cool ideas of your own? Hit the comments section below because after all, sharing is caring.