Here is my instant take (again from simply watching the trailer ONE time).
- Lots of ‘splosions: whether they be rockets flying into the sky, or stuff crashing to Earth unleashing unspeakable damage, there was a lot of s*** blowing up in this trailer. Will probably be quite awesome to see on the big screen.
- Sansa, is that you? Yeah, yeah I know that she (Sophie Turner) is not playing Sansa but rather a young Jean Grey. However, I cannot tell a lie and so when I first saw the trailer a fleeting thought passed through my head and included the words Sansa and mutant cosplay. Silly me. I must be psyched that Game of Thrones is coming back in a little over a month or something.
- I do try … I really try not to fangirl on this blog and keep it 100% legit about the art of cinema — but yeah, Magneto …
- Maybe I kinda sorta know what is going on(?) ‘splosions aside, I THINK I have an approximate understanding of the plot (which is intriguing); guess that is the point of a trailer after all, innit?
- How many mutants are too many mutants? Now, I do not mean this in a Stryker way, but rather I saw a lot of folks on parade in the relatively succinct 2:30 clip. It looks like an awful lot of folks (and screen time to be shared) is all I am saying.
* Trash in the affectionate meaning of the word.