Today, the Time Magazine released its 100 Most Influential People in the World list. While these lists are principally qualitative, it is interesting to see who are considered key influencers in politics, culture and the world at large.
This year’s list includes several people from the world of film, including:
- Viola Davis, Oscar™-nominated actress
- Kristen Wiig, Breakthrough creative force behind 2011’s Bridesmaids
- Jessica Chastain, Oscar™-nominated actress
- Asghar Farhadi, Director of Oscar™-winning film A Separation
- Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy, Filmmaker/documentarian
- Harvey Weinstein, Film producer
- Tilda Swinton, Oscar™-winning actress
- Claire Danes, Actress
Please be sure to click on the individuals’ names to see the write-ups, also done by some personalities of note. Great to see all the female representation (6 out of 8)!
For the complete list, go here.