If you are a fan of the Richard Curtis School of (Romantic ) Comedy and its music, you will like this post. Released in 2011, Love Songs … Actually is a compilation of the music from Richard Curtis’ most popular comedies, including:
- Four Weddings and a Funeral
- Bridget Jones’ Diary
- Notting Hill
- Love Actually
- The Boat that Rocked (Pirate Radio)
Unfortunately, there are some serious omissions from this two-disk set; most notable for me are:
- Joni Mitchell’s ‘Both Sides Now’ and The Beach Boys’ ‘God Only Knows’ (from Love Actually)
- ‘Don’t Get Me Wrong’ by The Pretenders (from Bridget Jones’ Diary)
- And several tracks from The Boat that Rocked.
In this case, your best bet may be to acquire all the individual soundtracks and create your own ‘master playlist’ for your listening pleasure. I have done so myself.
But for folks in the USA who will insist on having this single, abridged version set, please note that Love Songs … Actually is an import title that you will have to order a physical copy of, likely over the internet.