As this week draws to a close I have decided to take a look back at my observations into the week’s cinematically-related news.
1) Seeing The Birds on the big screen is an impressive experience. Well I have already waxed poetic about the virtues of the Hitchcock classic earlier this year so I will not go into great detail here. But this past Wednesday I had the privilege of seeing the horror classic as part of the ongoing Fathom Events/TCM collaboration. I was pleasantly surprised by the number of people who were in my screening – in fact, I had to sit very close to the screen.
2) In other Hitch news, the newly released poster for the upcoming Anthony Hopkins-starrer has been in full circulation. The film is a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the film Psycho. Best news yet — it is coming out in November!
3) I catching Bond Fever! – I do not consider myself a huge 007 fan but since securing my place at an Opening Day screening at the BFI IMAX cinema next month, I can hardly contain my excitement. I am even in the process of looking back and seeing what I missed (primarily the Sean Connery years). Any audience recommendations at this point are greatly appreciated.
4) Speaking of Bond … LOVING the fact that my girl Adele will be belting out the signature theme for the film! Hooray!
5) Hobbit Day is awesome! And we get a new poster in addition to the new trailer released earlier in the week.
7) I had a great deal of fun watching the indie Brit flick, Fast Girls.
Until next week …