Happy Saturday evening everyone! My next stop in my “On Location” travelogue is to take a look at the site of many film and television productions – the historic royal Hampton Court Palace.
The former residence of kings has gained legendary status due to its association with the Tudor dynasty. For a little more about the history of the palace, watch the video below.
Here is a list of feature films shot at the landmark in East Molesey, Surrey.
- Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (2011)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2011)
- The New World (2005)
- Jack the Giant Killer (2012)
- The Young Victoria (2009)
- Amazing Grace (2006)
- The Libertine (2004)
- Vanity Fair (2004)
- A Man for All Seasons (1966)
- Stage Beauty (2004)
- To Kill a King (2003)
- Baby Love (1968)
- Three Men in a Boat (1956)
Source: Internet Movie Database (IMDB)
In addition, television productions that have filmed at the palace include the renowned:
- Little Dorrit (2008)
- John Adams (2008)
- The Six Wives of Henry VIII (2001)
On a personal note, my trip out to the palace was highlighted by an audience with the man himself – King Henry VIII. Unfortunately I do not have any photos of that …