Here are some highlights for all things film-related in the month of June.
ON THE BIG SCREEN
Much Ado About Nothing – looking forward to a Whedon treatment of one of my favorite plays written by The Bard.
Man of Steel – like I said previously this is one that I have come to anticipate.
IN TCM LAND
Starring Eleanor Parker – known to me first as the “would be stepmom” to the Von Trapp children, I was happy to know that she has had a long and varied career that includes several films that I rank very highly. Here are a few of my picks for must-see TV:
- Caged (1950) June 10th @ 8:00PM
- The Woman in White (1948) June, 11 2013 at 09:30 AM
- Detective Story (1951) June, 24 2013 at 08:00 PM
- The Oscar (1966) June, 25 2013 at 09:45 AM – by all accounts a film so bad it might just be good.
- The Man With the Golden Arm (1955) June, 24 2013 at 01:45 AM
Friday Night Spotlight: Noir Writers –Really I could watch all of them but I will just list a few of particular interest to me.
- The Maltese Falcon (1931) The first cinematic effort to bring Dashiell Hammett’s Sam Spade to the silver screen. (June 7th)
- After the Thin Man (1936) (June 7th)
- The Glass Key (1942) (June 7th)
- They Won’t Believe Me (1947) (June 21st)
- Murder My Sweet (1944) (June 28th)
- The Lavender Hill Mob June 9th
- To Kill a Mockingbird June 16th
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn June 30th
IF YOU ARE IN THE GREATER NY AREA …
Not sure when it will go live, but later this month I will be recording a podcast with The LAMB. Stay tuned for details.
Let me know what you are most looking forward to in the Comments section below.