Rianna over at Frankly, My Dear, has put together a Classic Film Survey for the month of February. This has been a fun exercise as it has given me the opportunity to come ‘home’ to where my love for cinema began – with the classics.
For your consideration …
1. Favorite classic Disney?
2. Favorite film from the year 1939?
3. Favorite Carole Lombard Screwball role?
Don’t have one, unless you count To Be or Not to Be which I don’t because it did not really ever descend into pure screwball zaniness.
4. Favorite off screen couple? (It’s ok if it ended in divorce.)
No brainer ….
5. Favorite pair of best friends? (i.e: Barbara Stanwyck and Joan Crawford)
Josephine Baker and Grace Kelly – Not sure if they were the ‘BESTEST’ of friends, but ever since an encounter in NYC early in Grace’s career, they remained dear friends until the end of Josephine’s life. At the time of Baker’s death, Princess Grace secured her burial in Monaco.
6. Favorite actor with a mustache?
7. Favorite blonde actress?
8. Favorite pre-code?
9. Which studio would you have liked to join?
10. Favorite common on screen pairing that SHOULD have gotten married?
11. Favorite I Love Lucy episode?
12. Out of these actresses which one do you like best: Lucille Ball, Ingrid Bergman, Natalie Wood, Grace Kelly, Audrey Hepburn, Greer Garson, Grace Kelly, or Katharine Hepburn?
I can only pick one? Shucks – I guess I will have to go with Grace Kelly of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Well I’ll a little cheat … the photo below is of Grace Kelly AND Audrey Hepburn 😉
13. Shadowy film noir from the 1940’s or splashy colorful musicals from the 1950’s?
14. Actor or actress with the best autograph (photo preferred).
15. A baby (or childhood, or teenage) photo of either your favorite actress or actor (or both, if you’d like).